I can’t believe 2013 is almost over! Since it’s the time for wrap-up posts, I thought I’d share a bit about what’s happened over the past year and what’s coming up next.
Looking back on 2013:
- Released Crest, a big novel that took a year to write. It was my third novel and fifth release. Also released two shorts, Ondine (series prequel novella) and The Gift (short story).
- Participated and completed NaNoWriMo.
- Started On My Desk and Friday Reading segments on the blog.
- Completed the website redesign I’d been working on for months.
- Traveled to eight countries (US, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, France, Japan) for work. To Portugal and Morocco for weekend getaways.
- Packed up most of our house and began preparations for our upcoming move.
Looking forward to 2014:
Oh, boy. I have a lot planned for 2014 and part of me is terrified because I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it. But I’m going to try my best.
Here’s a brief overview of what’s coming up.
- Ondine Quartet Companion Works is coming out January 31, 2014
- Breaker: The finale of the Ondine Quartet is looking like the longest novel in the series. No release date yet.
- THREE SEEKRIT PROJECTS
Two are related projects pertaining to an adult work, and one is a separate YA project. I’ve been developing the idea and characters for the adult project for about four years now. The YA story shot into my brain about six months ago and hasn’t left me alone since.
I’m still in the process of setting things up which is why I can’t share details yet. But I will make an official announcement with much more information sometime in January, once everything is in place.
I’m very, very excited about them and can’t wait to share them with you. 🙂
A few personal goals:
I usually avoid setting “resolutions” because there’s something so absolute about the word that invites only two outcomes: success or failure. Instead, I prefer prioritizing what I’d like to accomplish or focus on during the year.
- Move from Spain to Hawaii. This is coming up soon and crossing two oceans with our dog is obviously the most stressful thing I have going on right now. I’ve lived abroad for over a decade and returning to my country with my husband is exhilarating and strange all at the same time. I’ll feel much better once it’s done.
- Train for my first marathon. This is a big “if” and depends whether my work schedule will allow for it. So far, I’ve been pretty good at not allowing work to cut into the basic amount of time I need for maintaining my physical health. Exercise and daily meditation are my two biggest stress relievers.
Training for a marathon, however, is an entirely different matter. It is something I’ve long thought about doing and the Honolulu marathon is conveniently timed in December 2014…so maybe. 😉 Otherwise, I’ll definitely plan for it in 2015.
- Spend more time with friends and family.
So that’s what my 2014 looks like. We’ll see how everything actually works out, but I’m looking forward to the new year.
How about you guys? Any goals or things you’d like to focus on for 2014?